Frequently Asked Questions of SpermCell™ – Smartphone Applied Sperm Analyzer
You can access frequently asked questions about SpermCell™ – Smartphone Applied Sperm Analyzer products and programs. You can also download sample pdf reports of SpermCell™ – Smartphone Applied Sperm Analyzer.
Interfering conditions in measurement
- Semen samples interfere with prostatic epithelium and / or leukocyte cells.
- Situations in which there is 1 to 10 sperm in the preview, (OAT cases)
- When there are a lot of sperm counts
- Applying much more the recommended volume of sample between the lens holder and the slide
- Total pin-head morphology and / or azoospermic semen samples
Warning and Precautions?
- Use different slides for each test.
- Do not add too much samples.
- Do not move the sample loaded slide.
- The light of the box turn off after 1 minute. If the light turns off during video recording, do not submit the image analysis and record again.
- Note that the entire image is homogeneous in the camera after alignment. If you see on the screen, the light intensity of the particles will affect the count.
- Algorithm is adjusted according to sperm size only. Testing another material will not yield correct results.
- Please do not touch the phone while video recording. If possible record on a flat surface away from the conditions that will affect the image, such as sound, vibration. Otherwise the analysis will not be accurate.
- Each different count in the same sample will show different results, such as 15%. As the number of sperm appearing in the area changes instantaneously in motile sperm, this rate may change according to the motility of the sample.
- Please ask us if you live any problem.
- Do not change the battery of the lighting system, do not try to repair it.
Can be usable Smartphone models and specifications
Apple: 5S, 6, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus
Samsung: Grand Prime Plus, A3, J5, J5 Pro, S4, S5, S6, S7.
(*It can not be used as software in the “Note” series of Samsung smartphones.)
On untested phones, especially the camera must be able to record at least 480×640 30 fps video.
Smartphones should be updated in the current operating systems.
In order to avoid problems caused by Internet connection, it is necessary to use a connection over 3G.
What parameters will be reached in reports from SpermCell ™ application?